Pages

Covenants for God's Greater Glory!

Covenants are important to any relationship. As a christian, it is and should be the very strong foundation of our love for the Lord. The good news is, covenant relationships doesn’t start with us, it always starts with God.
It is not just because he loves us so much but this is due to the fact that we ourselves cannot fulfill such a covenant on our own. God knows our frailty and made sure that we have Christ to lead us to the right path once again. 
I know that I have not been honest lately about my relationship with the Lord. After 13 years of growing with my relationship with the Lord, I have seen myself slowly deteriorating. To be honest, I find myself in the “pit” of being carnal. I strive, desire and press myself to do stuff that my flesh wants and loves which contradicts to what God wants for me.
And yet, HE REMAINS FAITHFUL.
Can you just imagine what God does when He sees us wasting our lives?
He rebukes us like a Father rebukes his son, sometimes in a manner that is unexpected but effective. I thank God for opportunities to sit and just listen. And sitting earlier at the church listening to the sermon made me feel uncomfortable enough that I know, God was speaking to me. I felt that nudge to examine myself and see myself in the mirror of God’s word.
If you’re experiencing the same thing today, let me encourage you that there is still hope and whatever happened to you can be a situation to fall down again but is not an excuse to not pursue faithfulness and purity.
But God’s covenant is strengthened by repentance.  
Repentance, by it’s very word means “to seek forgiveness and turn away from it, no longer doing what is wrong.” And we are to repent, no longer seeking what consumes the flesh but to what brings glory to our God.
I actually know it’s hard but I have this confidence inside me that God is in control and will carry me through this up to the point where I can stand again (not on my own) but on his grace.
My prayers for the next few weeks is that the Lord will open an opportunity for me to become a “servant” once again and get right on track in using my spare time, potential and giftings to “disciple, equip and expand” for GOD’s GREATER GLORY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment