Pages

Salt, Light and Cycles!

I just came from a Young Adults Fellowship and I have to say that I honestly enjoyed being in the “fellowship” scenes again after almost a year.  The sharing was definitely timely and fruitful.
Part of our discussion was about being “salt” and “light” of this broken world. Personally, it brought impact to me because it rebukes me of so many things. Yet, I’m also thankful that being salt and light is a calling for all Christians and although it is sometimes hard to accomplish, God is faithful to continue doing this through us.
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot…”
-   Matthew 5:13
Here are a few things I realized during our discussion:
  1. Being a Christian is having the saltiness in me; saltiness speaks of my testimony
  2. Salt loses saltiness, testimonies can also lose credibility
  3. When credibility is lost, it can never be returned wholly
  4. My lifestyle is my testimony, my life should impact others
  5. Since my life impacts others, I should remain the “saltiness”
  6. And with saltiness, should remain unblemished
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do peoplelight a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven…”
-       Matthew 5:14-16
Let’s also take note about being the “light” the bible describes:
  1. Light kills darkness
  2. Light speaks of truth, darkness speaks of lies
  3. Light is to be shared, “truth” should be shared
  4. When light comes, people notice
  5. When people notice, people listens
  6. When people listens, their hearts are open
  7. When hearts are open, they are blessed
  8. When they are blessed, it means they are thankful
  9. When they are thankful, they glorify God
  10. When they glorify God, they impact others
And we go back to the cycle of being “salt” of this earth.
Thank you for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment